Slow cooker pulled bbq beef is the best and easiest recipe you can make. The recipe for this pulled beef basically goes like this: season the roast, sear both sides, add the roast to the slow cooker and then add more seasoning. Slow cook for 4 hours or so then shred the roast. Lastly, add your favorite BBQ sauce. Now you have all this delicious tangy and flavorful pulled beef. Now what to do with it all? Read below for that answer?
WHAT CAN I MAKE WITH PULLED BEEF?
Well, I love to use pulled beef to make sandwiches, sliders, tacos. The possibilities are endless. My favorite way to eat pulled beef is in a sandwich. I usually use any type of bread but I love to use brioche bread, wheat bread or white sandwich bread.
WHAT KIND OF MEAT CAN I USE FOR BBQ PULLED BEEF?
Most people use beef chuck roast, chuck shoulder or you could even use brisket.
HOW LONG TO COOK BBQ PULLED BEEF?
You should expect to cook the pulled beef for at least 8 hours. If you are using any of the cuts of meat I mentioned right above, the cooking time is also about 8 hours.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BBQ PULLED BEEF?
I love to serve pulled beef with corn on the cob, Macaroni Salad, Tortellini Pasta salad, a light salad or my favorite, Buttermilk Coleslaw or cornbread. For a refreshing drink, I love Tequila Sunrise Mocktail, Red Wine Lemonade, Grapefruit and Cucumber Lemonade or cherry lemonade.
It’s so nice outside today which makes it a perfect day to go outside on the deck and enjoy a good meal like this pulled beef. Get all your sides ready and prepare the pulled beef then sit back and relax with one of my cold drinks and enjoy the warm nice weather.
- 2.5 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1/2 tbs salt plus 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/ tsp thyme
- 1 bay leave
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tbs oil for pan
- *Brioche bread or your favorite type of bread See notes.
- Sweet Baby Ray's Vidalia Onion BBQ Sauce
- Salt to taste optional
- Pinch of thyme
- couple pinches of cayenne pepper optional
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Season the roast with salt and pepper. Add oil to a pan over medium high heat. Sear both sides of roast for about 3 minutes on each side
- Add water to a bowl. Add all the roast ingredients to the bowl and mix.
- Add roast to the slow cooker. Pour the water with the spices over the roast.
- Cook on high for about 3.5 hours to 4 hours. Check the roast at about 3.5 hours. Don't overcook the roast or it will get tough.
- Remove roast from the slow cooker then shred it with two forks. Add the roast back into the slow cooker then add the BBQ sauce and seasonings. Mix well serve on your favorite bread.
I always purchase brioche bread from Aldi's supermarket. Also, as I noted in the instructions, make sure you don't overcook the roast. Check the roast at about 6 hours. This recipe is pretty forgiving so you can use your favorite bbq sauce and omit the bbq seasoning if you like.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO WHISK IT REAL GUD NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!! Also join our cool food blogger cooking group. Click —> HERE<— to join!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK!!
USE THE PIN BELOW TO PIN TO PINTEREST!
THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!