This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure here.
This refreshing gorgeous strawberry ice cream soda float recipe is made with macerated strawberries, lime soda, vanilla ice cream and blinged out with ,ruby red sugar crystals and more strawberries. A perfect treat to cool you off this summer! It’s the best and prettiest ice cream soda ever! If you like this recipe, you’ll love my homemade strawberry milk! Kids love it!
This strawberry ice cream soda float is so good! With every sip you get fizzy lime soda, the strawberry syrup and ice cream, and the crunch from the red sugar crystals.
It’s so heavenly and not to mention GORGEOUS and a perfect way to use up your strawberries this summer. I love curling up with a this float and my favorite tv shows.
Ice cream sodas are great way to feed a crowd too….just make more more floats! If you want your strawberry sauce smooth no worries. After you macerate them add it to a blender and mix well. If you’re looking for a great strawberry ice cream soda recipe then this is the one!
Fresh strawberries, vanilla ice cream (use a good brand, 7up or sprite works) and lastly, for some float bling, top with red sugar crystals. Kids and adult will love the look and taste of it!
HOW DO YOU MAKE AN ICE CREAM FLOAT
The first step in making ice cream soda is to dice the strawberries then mash them up with a fork or masher.
Now you need to macerate the strawberries and here’s how to do it:
- Add chopped strawberries and sugar to a small bowl and stir. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
Macerating the strawberries makes them nice and sweet. (pic 1)
- Add the mashed strawberries to a glass. (pic 2)
- Add a couple scoops of ice cream. You can use vanilla or strawberry ice cream. I used vanilla ice cream (pic 3)
- Add more strawberries then add one more scoop of ice cream. Then top with more strawberries if you like. (pic 4)
- Add lime soda. To make this strawberry float even more indulgent. Top with whipped cream. Garnish with a strawberry or two and garnish with red sugar crystals.
Serve right away. Enjoy! (pic 5-6)
TIPS AND TRICKS TO MAKE AN ICE CREAM FLOAT
Ice cream soda floats are one of my favorite budget friendly dessert. I just loooove the combination of ice cream and soda. There’s so many cool ways to make this ice cream float recipe your own. Here’s some delicious float drink ideas for ya.
- Mix your soda float – Swap out the strawberries for another fruit like, blueberries, raspberries or black berries.
- If you want a smoother strawberry syrup, mix them in a blender first.
- Use your favorite soda. I love to use 7 up or Sprite.
- Make a festive strawberry float for the 4th of July. You can make a red, white and blue berry float by adding layers of blueberries, ice cream and strawberries.
- Eliminate all of the fruit and make an orange float. Add as much ice cream and orange soda as you like.
Strawberry Patch Ice Cream Soda Float Recipe
- 2-3 scoops vanilla ice cream I like to use a homestyle kind
- lime soda 7up or sprite
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 2 cups fresh diced strawberries
- red sugar crystals optional
- extra strawberries for garnishment
- Add the diced strawberries to a large enough bowl. Mash the strawberries using a masher or fork. Add sugar and set to the side for about 10 minutes.
- Add the strawberry mixture to the bottom of a glass. Top with a couple scoops of ice cream.
- Add more strawberries and a scoop or two of ice cream. Then top with more strawberries if you like.
- Add lime soda. Garnish with a strawberry and sprinkle on the red sugar crystals. Serve right away. Enjoy!
Cook tips:Ice cream floats are one of my favorite budget friendly dessert plus there's so many cool ways to make this ice cream float recipe your own. Here's some delicious float drink ideas for ya.
- Mix it up - Swap out the strawberries for another fruit like, blueberries, raspberries or black berries.
- If you want a smoother strawberry syrup after you macerate the strawberries. Mix in a blender.
- Use your favorite like soda. I like to use 7 up or Sprite.
- Make them festive for the 4th of July and make a red, white and blue berry float. Add layers of blueberries, ice cream and strawberries.
- Eliminate all of the fruit and make a creamsicle version. Add as much ice cream and orange soda as you like.
Do you have any ice cream float ideas? If so, let me know in the comments below. I’d love to know!
If you think this strawberry float looks good, save it to your Pinterest Board or share it on Facebook. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest too!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
NEED SOME DINNER IDEAS?