Sheet pan cheesy beef quesadillas are baked in one big batch in the oven instead of cooking them one by one on the stove. These baking sheet quesadillas are made with soft flour tortillas and loaded with ground beef filling, seasoned with Mexican taco seasonings, roasted red peppers, optional homemade salsa and melted gooey cheese. Perfect for dinner or lunch! This is how you make a large quantity of crisp but soft quesadillas in the oven for your family or a crowd fast!
Need dinner for a crowd in a hurry? Then I have a great sheet pan dinner for you. Baking the quesadillas in the oven is the key to making a bunch of quesadillas quickly. Just trim your tortillas to fit the sheet pan add the cheese and beef etc then pop it in the oven. More details on the ingredients and recipe is below.
My sheet pan quesadilla recipe is super handy on busy nights. The fillings and topping you can add are endless. Make this recipe your own. If you don’t care for beef fillings, add shrimp. Don’t like shrimp, add chicken. Basically, add you’r favorite fillings. I usually go for beef or chicken because that’s what my family loves. Choose your favorite toppings or eat them without toppings.
I love sheet pan quesadillas without toppings. Since this oven baked quesadillas is cheesy enough and has enough sauce to make the filling nice and moist, I didn’t bother with any additional sauces or toppings. These baked quesadillas are simple with a classic beef filling. Sheet pan quesadillas are truly the best and easiest way to get dinner ready in a jiffy.
You can make these baking sheet quesadillas with regular flour tortillas or square tortillas. It may be a little difficult to find square flour tortillas because I’ve only seen them in the store a couple times. You may have better luck. If you can’t find square tortillas, you can use regular round tortillas. I used the medium sized tortillas. Feel free to use the large tortillas if you like.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the ground beef then drain most of the fat. Leave about 2 tablespoons of the fat in the skillet.
- Add the homemade Mexican taco seasoning. You can also store bought taco seasoning. Add the salsa and tomato sauce to the skillet with the ground beef. Add the flour slurry. Mix until the sauce thickens up. Remove the beef from the skillet and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- While the beef is cooling, prepare the quesadillas. Lightly spray a 9X13 baking sheet covered in foil with vegetable oil. Trim about 10 tortillas to fit the baking sheet. Add half of the tortillas to the baking sheet. Add the cheese and then the cooled ground beef mixture.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for a couple minutes. Remove from the oven. Add the roasted red peppers and more cheese. Add the rest of the trimmed tortillas on top of the cheese. Bake for a couple of minutes. Open up the oven and with a wooden spoon or large spoon, press down on the quesadillas.
- Pressing down on the tortillas will flatten them and help them stick to the cheese. Remove and slice into squares.
Don’t worry if the gooey cheese and beef filling is hanging out on the sides. I hope you can add this quick baked quesadilla recipe to your sheet pan dinner favorites! If you liked this recipe then you’ll love my shredded chicken taco with homemade salsa and taco seasoning.
Quesadillas (Sheet Pan Quesadilla recipe)
Sheet pan cheesy beef quesadillas are baked in the oven instead of the stove. These baking sheet quesadillas are made with soft flour tortillas and loaded with ground beef filling, seasoned with Mexican taco seasonings, roasted red peppers, optional homemade salsa mixed with a bit of tomato sauce and melted gooey cheese.This is a fun way to make a large quantity of crisp but soft quesadillas in the oven for your family or a crowd fast!
- 1/2 cup store bought salsa See the link to homemade salsa in note below.
- 1 1/2 tbsp store bought taco seasoning See notes below for link to homemade taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup plain tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cup cheese ( I used monterery jack and colby mix)
- 1/8 cup diced jarred roasted red peppers
- 10 soft tortillas
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp flour
Preheat oven to 500°F. Spray a large 9x13 inch baking sheet with cooking spray. Cover the sheet pan in foil or parchment paper if you like then spray the foil/parchment paper with the cooking spray.
In a small bowl add the water and flour and mix well until the clumps have disappeared. Set to the side.
Heat large skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook until browned. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the beef. Do not turn off the stove. Add the taco seasoning, salsa and tomato sauce. Add the slurry and mix until the ground beef mixture thickens. Reduce to simmer for 5 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
Cover the baking sheet with half of the flour tortillas, trimming to fit. Sprinkle cheese and cooled ground beef.