Extra crispy chicken wings that are baked and not fried and ready to be dipped in homemade blue cheese sauce. This is how you make crispy chicken wings without frying. Serve them with my buffalo sauce and delicious and easy blue cheese sauce. These crispy baked wings are not only DELICIOUS but since they're baked, their so much more healthier!
I absolutely love these crispy wings. These wings are not fried, they are baked and they're just amazing and so addictive. Once you try baking your wings with the method I'm going to talk about soon, you'll never fry your wings again.
Look at how crispy these baked wings are? So GOOD. Here's the easy method to get extra crispy wings. First you need baking powder. Please don't make the mistake and use baking soda. Baking soda and baking powder are not the same. Trust me, You will be pretty upset if you use baking soda so make sure you use BAKING POWDER.
Make sure you pat the chicken dry. If the chicken isn't dry then the chicken wings won't crisp up so please make sure you really pat the chicken down using paper towels.
Next thing you'll need is a cookie sheet. Put the baking rack inside of the cookie sheet. Spray your rack with cooking spray.Add the chicken to a bowl or ziploc bag. Add the salt and the baking powder and salt, then toss to coat evenly. Place the chicken wings on the rack in a single layer. Do not let the chicken touch.
If the chicken is touching they will steam and won't crisp up. Place the wings on the lower middle oven rack and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes do not remove the wings from the oven just raise the heat to 425°F. Bake for 40-50 minutes until brown and crispy. Remove and let the chicken wings rest for 5 minutes then serve plain or serve with my not too spicy buttermilk buffalo wing sauce or your favorite sauce.
Recipe for my buffalo wings is HERE.
Super Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- 4 lb chicken wings split
- 2 tbs baking powder (DO NOT USE BAKING SODA)
- ¾ tsp salt
- cooking oil spray
- Find the recipe to my buffalo wing sauce HERE. Make sure you use baking powder and NOT BAKING SODA. Baking soda tastes awful. Preheat oven to 250°F. Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions. Pat the chicken completely dry or you can also place the chicken wings on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for a couple hours so they can dry out.
- Line the cookie sheet with with foil, then place a rack on the foil. Spray the rack with cooking spray.
- Place wings in a large bowl or in a zip top bag. Add the salt and the baking powder and salt, then toss to coat evenly.
- Place the wings on the rack in a single layer with the skin side up.Place wings on the lower middle oven rack and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes move wings up to the upper middle rack and increase the oven temperature to 425°F. Bake for 40 - 50 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.Let the wings cool for 5 minutes then toss with my buffalo wing sauce or your favorite sauce.
Thanks for stopping by. If you like this post make sure you share it. Don't forget to subscribe to Whisk It Real Gud for more free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
If you are a food blogger, we would love for you to join our social networking group on Facebook. If you aren't a food blogger, you can still join our recipe groups here and here.