These baked quesadillas are the absolute best because it’s quick and easy and made in sheet pan and baked in the oven! Perfect to feed a crowd. Soft flour tortillas are loaded with ground beef filling, seasoned with Mexican taco seasonings, roasted red peppers, optional homemade salsa and melted gooey cheese. This will be your no.1 quesadilla recipe! This recipe works great with steak too!
Need dinner for a crowd in a hurry? Then I have a great sheet pan dinner for you. This quesadilla recipe is great way to make many quesadillas faster. The trick is to make baked quesadillas!
Just trim your tortillas to fit the sheet pan add the cheese and beef etc then pop it in the oven. More details on the ingredients and quesadilla recipe below.
My oven quesadilla recipe is super handy on busy weeknights. The fillings and toppings options are endless. Make this recipe your own.
If you don’t care for beef fillings, add shrimp. Don’t like shrimp, add chicken or steak. Basically, add you’r favorite fillings. I usually go for beef or chicken because that’s what my family loves. Choose your favorite toppings or make them without toppings.
I love quesadillas without toppings. Since this oven quesadilla is cheesy enough and has enough sauce to make the filling nice and moist, I didn’t bother with toppings. Sheet pan quesadillas are truly the best and easiest way to get dinner ready in a jiffy.
This quesadilla recipes uses flour tortillas. Feel free to use corn if you like. I I also used the medium sized tortillas but large ones are fine too!
HOW TO MAKE A QUESADILLA
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the ground beef then drain most of the fat. Leave about 2 tablespoons of the fat in the skillet.
- Add the homemade Mexican taco seasoning. You can also store bought taco seasoning. Add the salsa and tomato sauce to the skillet with the ground beef. Add the flour slurry. Mix until the sauce thickens up. Remove the beef from the skillet and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- While the beef is cooling, prepare the quesadillas. Lightly spray a 9X13 baking sheet/pan covered in foil with vegetable oil. Trim about 10 tortillas to fit the baking sheet. Add half of the tortillas to the baking sheet. Add the cheese and then the cooled ground beef mixture.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for a couple minutes. Remove from the oven. Add the roasted red peppers and more cheese. Add the rest of the trimmed tortillas on top of the cheese. Bake for a couple of minutes. Open up the oven and with a wooden spoon or large spoon, press down on the quesadillas.
- Pressing down on the tortillas will flatten them and help them stick to the cheese. Remove and slice into squares.
FILLINGS FOR A GREAT QUESADILLA RECIPE
A quesadilla is not a quesadilla unless you have delicious fillings. For this quesadilla recipe, I kept things simple. If you want to customize your quesadilla, you can add black beans, sweet corn, shrimp for a surf and turf quesadilla or steak.
You can eliminate the beef and turn this into a steak quesadilla. The options are endless. For a vegetarian option, sub the beef for mushrooms.
Don’t worry if the gooey cheese and beef filling is hanging out on the sides. I hope you can add this quesadilla recipe to your sheet pan dinner favorites! If you liked this recipe then you’ll love my easy low carb taco casserole.
If you loved this Quesadilla recipe, here are some of my other Mexican inspired and chicken/beef meals that you may also like.
- Yasss The Best Meatloaf Recipe
- Instant Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Best Chili Recipe
- Beef Tacos
- Taco Salad
- Peruvian Fried Rice
- Jamaican Beef Patties With Perfect Flaky Crust
- Chicken Tacos and a Taco Seasoning Recipe
- Taco Spaghetti
Sheet pan cheesy beef quesadillas are baked in one big batch in the oven. soft flour tortillas are loaded with ground beef filling, seasoned with Mexican taco seasonings, roasted red peppers, optional homemade salsa and melted gooey cheese. This will be your no.1 quesadilla recipe!
- 1/2 cup store bought salsa See the link to homemade salsa in note below.
- 1 1/2 tbsp homemade taco seasoning see notes below
- 1/2 cup plain tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cup cheese ( I used monterery jack and colby mix)
- 1/8 cup diced jarred roasted red peppers
- 10 soft tortillas
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp flour
Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a large 9x13 inch baking sheet with cooking spray. Cover the sheet pan in foil or parchment paper if you like then spray the foil/parchment paper with the cooking spray.
In a small bowl add the water and flour and mix well until the clumps have disappeared. Set to the side.
Heat large skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook until browned. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the beef. Do not turn off the stove. Add the seasoning mix (see notes), salsa and tomato sauce. Add the slurry and mix until the ground beef mixture thickens. Reduce to simmer for 5 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
Cover the baking sheet with half of the flour tortillas, trimming to fit. Sprinkle cheese and cooled ground beef.
Place the baking sheet in the oven for a couple minutes. Remove pan from the oven. Top with the roasted red peppers and more cheese. Add the rest of the trimmed tortillas on top of the cheese. Bake for a couple of minutes.
Open up the oven and with a wooden spoon or large spoon, press down on the quesadillas. Pressing down on the tortillas will flatten them and help them stick to the cheese. Remove and slice into squares. Enjoy!