This easy one pot lasagna soup has all of the tasty ingredients you'd find in lasagna but in a comforting soup form. It comes together quickly, just prep all ingredients then into the pot they go! Perfect for fall stay-at-home evenings.
I LOVE soup! And this lasagna soup is one of my favorite soup/pasta meals. If you love cheesy Italian foods with beef, sausages, tomato sauce and Italian seasonings then you're in for a treat because you'll find 99% all those wonderful flavors in this soup.
This lasagna soup recipe is super easy to customize. Feel free to add a combo of beef and sausage.
If you don't have time to make a sauce, I suggest using Rao's tomato sauce or Marinara (not sponsored). It's the only one I use. It's has the perfect blend of seasonings, so there's no need to add additional seasonings. I usually just add a teaspoon of sugar and that's it.
Lasagna soup ingredients
Broken lasagna noodles, Marzano tomatoes, fire roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, ground beef onions, garlic, fresh parsley and seasonings.
The ricotta mixture consists of parmesan, mozzarella cheese, ricotta, fresh parsley, heavy whipping cream, parmesan, heavy cream, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and salt and pepper. No need to boil the lasagna separately, (unless you love to wash dishes) because the noodles are cooked in the pot with the soup! It's called a one pot lasagna for a reason 🙂
There's nothing like warming up to a hot bowl of lasagna soup topped with ricotta!
How to make it
The ingredient list in this one pot lasagna soup may seem a lil long, but all you need to do is add all of the ingredients to one pot. I promise it's not complicated. It's important to prep your ingredients because it will make the cooking process smoother and much easier. As I mentioned above, if you don't have time to make a sauce then use a good a high quality brand.
- In a large dutch over or pot, saute the onions with the ground beef until browned.
- Add the minced garlic. Cook until fragrant about 1 minute. Drain the fat.
- Add the tomatoes, fire roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, basil and the seasonings to the pot.
- Next, add the chicken broth and mix well. Let the soup come to a boil.
- Next, add the lasagna noodles to the pot. Make sure the noodles are submerged into the soup.
- Cover and set heat to low. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the lasagna noodles are tender. Feel free to season with salt and pepper or additional seasonings. Serve the soup with the ricotta mixture.
The Ricotta mixture
Add the ricotta, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, fresh parsley and heavy whipping cream to a small bowl and mix well. It you like a thinner texture, add a bit more heavy whipping cream. Season with salt and pepper.
If you love lasagna or cheesy tomato based soups then you'll enjoy this one pot lasagna. Don't forget to serve it with garlic bread or dinner rolls.
One Pot Lasagna Soup
- Dutch Oven or Large Pot
For the soup
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef 80% lean ground beef
- 1 cup red onions diced
- 1 cup yellow onions diced
- 8 tsp minced garlic 7-8 garlic cloves
- 1 28-ounce San Marzano tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup fire roasted tomatoes drained
- 3 large basil leaves fresh
- 6 cups chicken broth I used Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 1 tsp Better than Bouillon Beef Base
- 9 dried lasagna noodles broken into bite-size pieces
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 ½ tsp each of onion and garlic powder
- ½ tsp crushed red peppers
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp sugar optional
- salt and pepper for taste
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh
- ½ cup mozzarella whole
- salt and pepper for taste optional
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- In 6 quart Dutch oven or large pot, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown. Add the garlic. Cook for a couple minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in all the soup and seasoning ingredients but the noodles. Heat to boiling. Add the noodles to the pot. Make sure the noodles are submerged into the soup. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer about 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender. Season to taste if necessary. Serve soup with ricotta cheese mixture
To make the Parsley Ricotta Cheese
- To a small bowl. Add all the ricotta cheese ingredients and mix well.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the mozzarella, ricotta, and basil. Serve immediately.
- Feel free to add a combo of beef and sausage or use your favorite canned marinara or tomato sauce.
- If you don't have time to make a sauce, I suggest using Rao's tomato sauce or Marinara (not sponsored). It's the only one I use. It's has the perfect blend of seasonings so there's no need to add additional seasonings. I usually just add a teaspoon of sugar and that's it.
If you like this one pot lasagna soup, save it to your Pinterest board by clicking on the Pinterest share button at the top of the post.
Then follow me on Pinterest . I share all kinds of mouth-watering delicious recipes. You can also bookmark this recipe by sharing to your social media.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: