This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure here.
Ground Beef tacos are back! These are just like the ones you grew up on only better, thanks to the homemade seasoning. They’re BIG on flavor and seasoned just right. Pile on your favorite toppings or keep it simple. They’re scrumptious either way! Make this beef taco recipe for your next taco Tuesday!
“Ahhhhmazing recipe. 🙌🏽🖤 I passed it along to my family as well”~K’la H.
Ground Beef tacos are one of my favorite foods. I don’t think I could ever get tired of eating them.
I ate them so much growing up, it’s only right to have a recipe on the this site. Do you remember growing up eating beef tacos with all the yummy toppings?
My mom would come home with groceries. She’d have everything needed to make them.
For instance, the yellow kits, the seasoning packets, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce and ground beef. You know, the basic ingredients. Those were the good ole days.
I transformed my mom’s ground beef tacos by ditching the store packets and using my homemade seasoning. This is one of my go-tos on busy days. It’s a quick prep meal and it’s ready in 20 minutes.
My family requests this at least once a week. If it’s not tacos they’re wanting, then they’re usually begging me to make my Steak Taco Salad, Taco spaghetti, Italian sausage and peppers ,cheesy beef sheet pan quesadillas, chili or best meatloaf.
They’d be happy eating beef tacos every day of their life “IF” I let them. I gave my sis this recipe. She made it for her family recently and they loved it.
Her hubby and kid ate several of them. The first words out of her mouth during our online chat. This is what she said. “I made the tacos last night and they were the “GOOD AS HELL.” Her exact words. Her daughter said they were the best tacos ever! Thanks niecey poo!
HOW TO MAKE GROUND BEEF TACOS
- Beef tacos are super easy to make. Simply, dice the onions and mince the garlic.
- Cook – In a large hot skillet over medium high heat, sauté the onions until they become translucent.
- Veggies – Add the minced garlic and then the ground beef into the skillet with the onions.
- Ground Beef – Cook the beef until it’s browned. It’s best to drain the meat first.
- Seasonings – Return the skillet back to the stove and add the water and the seasonings to the skillet mixing everything together until the sauce is has thickened. Add salt and pepper for taste if needed.
BEEF TACOS TOPPINGS
Toppings – Some people like to bake their tacos for the melted gooey cheese factor, but I prefer mine unbaked.
I prefer to prepare them myself, however, other times, I’ll make a taco bar by setting all the toppings out. That way my family can prepare their own and fill them with with whatever they like.
Our taco spread usually include, soft tacos, shredded cheese of course, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, pico de gallo and for a little kick my husband loves to add pickled jalapeños and sometimes olives. We also love adding Taco Bell’s Mild Sauce. You can purchase it HERE.
Best Classic Ground Beef Tacos
- 1 lb ground beef use 80% fat ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup water
- homemade taco seasoning See notes for link to the recipe
- salt for taste optional
- pepper for taste optional
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, heat the oil. Add the onions and cook until translucent about 5-7 minutes stirring often. Add the garlic cook until the garlic is fragrant about 30 seconds, stirring to prevent garlic from burning.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Drain the beef then return it back to the stove. Add the water, and the taco seasoning *SEE NOTES.
- Stir well and cook until the sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Fill the tacos with the ground beef add then add your choice of toppings. *See notes for topping suggestions.
If you love these beef tacos, make sure to save it to your Pinterest board by clicking on the Pinterest share button at the top of the post. Then follow me on Pinterest .
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE RECIPES: