Quick and easy Chili’s copycat cajun chicken pasta recipe has a rich and creamy Alfredo sauce. Since it’s homemade, you know exactly what your eating! It’s so good! Use your choice of pasta. You can have dinner ready in less than 25 minutes. Wash it all down with red wine and berries lemonade. So refreshing!
This post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I will only refer you to products that I love to use and work well.
Update: This post was updated with new photos on 1/6/2018. No changes to the recipe.
The first time I tried Chili’s chicken pasta, I thought it was pretty good, but I also knew I could make my own version taste better. This Cajun chicken pasta has a rich and smooth melt-in- your -mouth Parmesan sauce and juicy tender Cajun spicy chicken breast then topped with fresh grape tomatoes and lemon zest. It’s so delicious!
This creamy Alfredo chicken pasta is so quick and easy to make. It tastes way better than the restaurant’s version. My Chili’s copy-cat Cajun spicy chicken pasta is one of my families favorite! My 4 year old kid loves it too but due to the spice factor, I always season his portion separately. You can can easily adjust this recipe to make it kid friendly if needed.
The best part of making your own copy-cat recipe is that you know what you’re eating and you control the ingredients.
How to make Cajun Chicken Pasta:
Make sure you have a skillet or cast iron that will be big enough to hold all your delicious food. I use this cast iron skillet I like to flatten my chicken breast then add the spicy Cajun seasoning and set it to the side for later. Next, I start cooking the pasta. I used linguine but feel free to use penne pasta, elbow or whatever you like. I cook the garlic and onion in a separate skillet. I removed the garlic and onions and reserve for later. Next, I cooked the Cajun chicken for about 3 minutes on each side or more depending on how thick the chicken is.
Once the pasta and the spicy chicken breasts are done, I add the pasta to the pan with the chicken. Over low heat, I add butter, heavy whipping cream, the cooked garlic and onion mixture and Parmesan cheese. I toss everything together. Lastly, I garnish with lemon zest, parsley, fresh pearl tomatoes, which I sliced thin and more shaved Parmesan cheese. The rich Parmesan sauce with the spicy chicken and fresh tomatoes is so darn good. I love easy chicken breast with pasta meals. To make this recipe even easier, or if you’re short on time, use a good quality brand Alfredo sauce.
I absolutely love pasta, especially Cajun chicken pasta (my favorite kind of pasta) but hate that it can add inches to the waist, so let me leave you to make this delicious restaurant-style recipe while I go hit the gym and work this Cajun chicken pasta of my bod!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 8 oz linguine
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning
- salt for taste
- pepper for taste
- 1/2 tbs fresh minced garlic
- 1 tbs fresh minced onion
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper seasoning optional. Add only if you like heat
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika optional
- 1 tbs olive oil plus more for the pan
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream or more for taste
- 1/2 cup or more for taste of freshly grated Parmesan use more to garnish
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1/8 cup pearl tomatoes sliced thin.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper and 1 tbs olive oil in a bowl and toss to coat.
In a large skillet or cast iron over medium heat add 1 tsp olive oil to a pan. Once the olive oil starts sizzling, add the garlic, onions and optional crushed red peppers. Cook until fragrant about a minute making sure to not burn it by stirring the garlic. Remove from pan and set to the side.
- In the same large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in a tbs olive oil until chicken is tender, about 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Reduce heat add the cooked linguine, heavy cream,butter, the onion and garlic and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper for taste if needed. Toss everything together and heat through.
- Garnish with lemon zest, parsley and pearl tomatoes.
You may also like: Sage Pasta with Parmesan Sauce and Chicken Recipe