This post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I will only refer you to products that I love to use and work well.
This copycat Cajun chicken pasta recipe is absolutely delicious and easy to make. There’s cajun spices with a rich and creamy Alfredo sauce. Since it’s homemade, you know exactly what you’re eating! Use your choice of pasta. It’s a great recipe that’s quick and easy to make and it takes less than 25 minute to make!
Update: I usually post step by step with photos but this is an older recipe which needed some much needed post updates. No change to the recipe though. I plan on updating this post with step by step pics very soon! Post updated 8/4/2020
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join our newsletter and stay up to date on all the newest recipes guaranteed to add a burst of flavor to your inbox.
The first time I tried Chili’s chicken pasta, I thought it was pretty good, but I also knew I could make my own version taste better. This Cajun chicken pasta has a rich and smooth melt-in- your -mouth Parmesan sauce and juicy tender spicy chicken breast then topped with fresh grape tomatoes and lemon zest. It’s so delicious!
This spicy chicken pasta tastes way better than the restaurant’s version. It’s my families favorite! My 7 year old kid loves it too but due to the spice factor, I always season his portion separately. You can can easily adjust this recipe to make it kid friendly if needed.
How to make Cajun Chicken Pasta:
The best part of making your own cajun chicken copycat recipe is that you know what you’re eating and you control the ingredients. Okay so let’s get to the recipe.
- Make sure you have a skillet or cast iron that will be big enough to hold all your delicious food. I use this cast iron skillet. I like to flatten my chicken breast then add the spicy Cajun seasoning and set it to the side for later.
- Next, cook the pasta. I used linguine but feel free to use penne pasta, elbow or whatever you like.
- Cook the garlic and onion in a separate skillet. I removed the garlic and onions and reserve for later.
- Cook the Cajun chicken for about 3 minutes on each side or more depending on how thick the chicken is.
- Once the pasta and the chicken breasts are done, add the pasta to the pan with the chicken.
- Over low heat, add butter, heavy whipping cream, the cooked garlic and onion mixture and Parmesan cheese. Toss everything together.
- Lastly, garnish with lemon zest, parsley, fresh pearl halved tomatoes. Serve with more Parmesan if you like.
The rich Parmesan sauce with the spicy chicken and fresh tomatoes is so darn good. If you know me you know, I love chicken and pasta anything. To make this recipe even easier, or if you’re short on time, grab a jar of store brand Alfredo sauce. I love homemade but sometimes in a pinch I will reach for some Alfredo sauce!
I absolutely love pasta, especially Cajun chicken pasta (my favorite pasta recipe) but hate that it can add inches to the waist, so everything in moderation! Let me leave you to make this delicious recipe! Enjoy!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 8 oz linguine
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning
- salt for taste
- pepper for taste
- 1/2 tbs fresh minced garlic
- 1 tbs fresh minced onion
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper seasoning optional. Add only if you like heat
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika optional
- 1 tbs olive oil plus more for the pan
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream or more for taste
- 1/2 cup or more for taste of freshly grated Parmesan use more to garnish
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1/8 cup pearl tomatoes sliced thin.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper and 1 tbs olive oil in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet or cast iron over medium heat add 1 tsp olive oil to a pan. Once the olive oil starts sizzling, add the garlic, onions and optional crushed red peppers. Cook until fragrant about a minute making sure to not burn it by stirring the garlic. Remove from pan and set to the side.
- In the same large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in a tbs olive oil until chicken is tender, about 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Reduce heat add the cooked linguine, heavy cream,butter, the onion and garlic and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper for taste if needed. Toss everything together and heat through.
- Garnish with lemon zest, parsley and pearl tomatoes.
Share to save this Cajun chicken pasta to your Facebook wall or save it Pinterest board and let’s be friends I’m always sharing mouth-watering recipes.
You may also like