Sweet and savory salmon with rhubarb glaze is a perfect quick and easy meal! Rhubarb season is here. Time to add this savory and easy salmon with rhubarb glaze recipe to your dinner menu right away!
This post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I will only refer you to products that I use that work well, are helpful and useful.
Who loves salmon? I know I do! Especially savory salmon with a great tasting glaze. I could eat salmon every day! It’s one of my favorite fish, well that and whiting fish. Both are just so good!
In my last post, I mentioned that I had leftover rhubarb which I needed to use up. Well, I ended up turning the rhubarb into a sweet tangy and a tad bit spicy glaze which actually tastes so amazing combined with salmon. Rhubarb and salmon is a match made in heaven. It’s seriously good! Did I mention that this recipe is super easy?
I tested this recipe a couple times. The first time I threw the minced garlic, ginger, chopped onions and the other sauce ingredients into my blender then placed the sauce into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
The second time, I cooked the garlic, ginger, onions then added the other sauce ingredients to the pan. Once the salmon sauce was done cooking, I let it cool off some then poured it into my blender and mixed it until smooth.
Both ways tasted the same. I really didn’t notice a difference. With that said, I know next time to keep it simple and just throw all the sauce ingredients in the blender. Easy peasy. I’m really starting to love rhubarb. I’m already thinking of other ways to use it as I write up this post.
Don’t let the rhubarb intimidate you. I’m a newbie rhubarb cook. The first time I saw rhubarb I thought it looked like a large red celery and it smelled a little strange. I’m so glad I tried it because this recipe is one of my favorite ways to make salmon in the spring and summer.
HOW TO COOK SALMON
This recipe is so easy and delicious to make!
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice your salmon into about 6-7 fillets (depending on the size of your salmon you may get more slices or less).
- Add a bit of grapeseed oil or vegetable oil over each salmon. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Chop up the rhubarb, ginger, and onion.
- Add all the sauce ingredients, plus the rhubarb, ginger, and onions into the blender.
- Pour the sauce into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until it boiling then let it simmer for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add spoonful or two of sauce on top of each salmon. Place the salmon in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Add more sauce if you like Serve with jasmine rice.
Save this Salmon with Rhubarb Glaze to your Pinterest Board and let’s be friends on Pinterest I’m always sharing mouth-watering recipes. You can also share to your Facebook to save this recipe!
- 7 salmon fillets
- 1/2 tbs grapeseed oil
- salt and pepper for taste
- 1 cup of diced rhubarb
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tbs minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tbs sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Drizzle grapeseed oil all over each salmon and rub it all over front and back
- Season salmon with salt and pepper (lightly but just enough for taste)
- Place the salmon in a 9x13 baking pan. Set to side.
- Add all of the rhubarb sauce ingredients into a food processor and mix until well combine (I used my nutri bullet)
- Pour the rhubarb sauce into a medium saucepan over a medium high stove until boiling then simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add half the sauce over the salmon and place into the oven for 10 -15 minutes
- Add the rest of the sauce over the fish and garnish with green onions. (warm up the sauce if necessary before adding it on top of the salmon.)
- Serve with Jasmine rice (feel free to adjust seasoning if needed.)