These pan seared chicken thighs are juicy and crisp. A great go to recipe when you’re too busy to cook! Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are so easy and quick to prepare, and you can accompany them with whatever you prefer. I love to serve it with a salad or as lettuce wraps with this cucumber and carrot salad. Here’s how I make them golden and crisp on the stovetop.
Pan Seared Chicken Thighs
Long day? Yes, me too! During these challenging times, trying to balance work, home schooling kids and managing the house can get pretty challenging. I’m just here trying to stay afloat. That’s why lately I’m all about easy and quick meals like these pan seared chicken thighs.
These chicken thighs are cooked on the stovetop. No flour is needed plus you only need 3 ingredients. Done in under 12 minutes.
These thighs pair well with mostly anything, but I usually serve it with a salad or sometimes mac and cheese. I also use leftovers for tacos or wraps. If you want to jazz up them up more, you can always add additional seasonings. Although, it’s not really necessary. Try it and see for yourself.
My intention was to add seasoning but then I changed my mind. And guess what? I didn’t miss the seasonings.
Sure using additional seasoning is great and all but in a pinch less is fine, especially, when it comes to chicken thighs. This recipe goes to show you that you don’t need a lot of seasonings to make chicken.
HOW LONG TO COOK CHICKEN THIGHS
You really just need a few ingredients, and in under 12 minutes you’ll have dinner in a jiffy!
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt and pepper
How to pan sear chicken thighs
Preparation is pretty simple; you’ll just need to follow these easy steps:
- Clean the chicken very well dry them with paper towel.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. I used about ¾ tsp of salt and a ½ tsp pepper.
- Pour oil into a frying pan (or a heavy bottom skillet) over medium high heat. Now it’s time to pan sear the chicken.
- Place the chicken thighs in the previously heated oil and do not move it for the next 5-6 minutes. This is important, do not touch or move the chicken around. To achieve a nice crisp crust and sear you can’t keep moving the chicken around. So long story short, don’t move it until it’s ready to be flipped over. Peak under the chicken at the 4-5 minute mark. If it’s gold, seared and crisp you can flip it over, or if not, cook it for an additional minute.
- Okay now turn the chicken over and let them fry for about 5 minutes.
- When the internal temperature reaches about 165-170F, the chicken is done! It’s best to serve these immediately.
Why this pan seared chicken thigh recipe works
- Preparing this boneless, skinless chicken thigh recipe is a breeze.
- You don’t need a bunch of ingredients.
- Following the easy directions will result in perfectly golden pan seared chicken thighs!
What goes well with pan seared chicken thighs
So now that you know what you’re going to make for dinner, what goes well with pan seared chicken thighs? I love to serve it with sour cream mashed potatoes, stovetop mac and cheese, candied yams, hushpuppies, southern coleslaw, sweet southern cornbread, rice or a baked potato. When I want something light and quick, I always make it with a salad or steamed vegetables. You can even eat them alone if you like.
These pan seared chicken thighs are juicy and crisp. A great go to recipe when you’re too busy to cook! Plus boneless, skinless chicken thighs are so easy and quick to prepare. They pair well with anything!
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Clean the chicken pieces very well dry them with paper towel. Season all the chicken pieces with salt and pepper to taste
Pour oil into a frying pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken to the hot oil. Do not move it for the next 5-6 minutes. This is important, do not touch or move the chicken around. Peak under the chicken at the 5-minute mark. If it’s gold, seared and crisp you can flip it over or if not, cook it for an additional minute.
Flip the chicken over and fry for about 5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches about 165-170F. Serve immediately.