Juicy, sweet, moist and tangy cranberry meatballs are simmered in cranberry and sweet chili sauce. Pure deliciousness! A delicious meatball appetizer to help bring in the new year.
Who doesn't love meatballs? I mean they are so good! I've been holding off updating this super old post for a while now. Life happened, so things have been pretty hectic lately. I am glad I managed to get this post updated before Christmas.
Now let's talk about these cranberry meatballs. I love to mix things up for the holidays. I especially love turning nontraditional Christmas dinners into something a bit more festive.
These cranberry meatballs can either be made in the instant pot or on the stovetop. Here's how I make it in my instant pot.
HOW TO MAKE EASY INSTANT POT CRANBERRY MEATBALLS
Place the beef, eggs, onions, garlic, broth, seasonings and bread crumbs into a mixing bowl. Gently mix until evenly blended.
Here's an easy and SUPER quick way to make the meatballs. Pat the ground beef into a 10 x 7.5 rectangle. See below.
Then I cut going horizontally.
Next, just grab a meat square and roll each one into a meatball. This process should make about 30 meatballs. If you happen to have smaller meatballs you can just add more meat to it.
HOW TO MAKE MEATBALLS ON THE STOVE TOP
Over medium high heat add 2 tablespoons of oil to a large high sided pan. Once the oil starts to sizzle add the meatballs leaving space in between them to prevent them from steaming. Sear the meatballs all over for about 2 minutes or until brown then set to the side. Repeat until all the meatballs are done. Discard the oil from the pan.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CRANBERRY MEATBALLS
Pour the water into the instant pot then add the meatballs. If you don't have enough room in the pot, you can put the meatballs on top of each other. Set the pressure cook button. Then set the timer to 8 minutes. Lock the lid.
Add the rest of the broth to the instant pot then the meatballs. Let the ip naturally release once done. Remove the meatballs. These meatballs will look a bit ugly when you open the pot. You'll notice them sticking together. Do not fret! You can use a butter knife or a fork easily break them apart. Once that step is done, set to the side then drain the liquid from the meatballs.
Add the cranberry and sweet chili sauce. Press saute button. Saute until the sauce is thickened to your preference.
Merry Meals: Festive Meatball Dinner For Christmas
- 2 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper for taste
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ¾ cup beef broth
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 7 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon
- ¾ cup water
- Place the beef, eggs, onions, garlic, broth, seasonings and bread crumbs into a mixing bowl. Gently mix until evenly blended.
- I like to pat the ground beef into a 10 x 7.5 rectangle. See photos above.
- Next, cut going horizontal across the top.
- Grab a meat square and roll each one into a meatball. This process should make about 30 meatballs. If you happen to have smaller meatballs you can just add more meat to it.
- Add the water to the instant pot then the meatballs. Let the ip naturally release once done. Remove the meatballs. Set to the side then drain the liquid from the meatballs.
- Add the cranberry sauce and fresh cranberries. Press saute button. Saute and mash the cranberries until the sauce is thickened to your preference.
- Add the meatballs back to the instant pot. Toss to coat.
If you enjoyed this cranberry and sweet chili meatball recipe then check out these recipes.
Chicken and Green Bean Stir Fry with Sweet Chili Sauce, Sweet Chili Ground Beef or you can try my Instant pot Grape Jelly Meatballs or these delicious 15 Min Shrimp Lettuce Wraps w/ Sweet Chili Mayo. Happy Holidays!!