My love for candied recipes continues. Last week I posted a recipe for southern candied yams and today it’s instant pot glazed carrots aka candied carrots. These carrots are so amazingly GOOD! They’re full of flavor, soft, tender, sweet and citrusy thanks to the orange juice concentrate.
There are many ways to make glazed carrots. You could steam them, roast them. There’s microwaved carrots and slow cooker carrots. But I love to make my glazed carrots in the instant pot. It only takes a few minutes for the instant pot to heat up and about 4 minutes to cook them.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
It’s quick prep. I love making glazed baby carrots mainly because I don’t have to peel and slice them.
Most recipes for glazed carrots are cooked on the stove, microwave or the slow cooker, but this one is made super fast in the instant pot. PLUS the instant pot makes them perfectly soft and tender.
Also, most recipes use orange juice or no oj but I like to use orange juice concentrate for a good dose of citrusy zing. Even carrot haters will love these candied carrots.
Making these in the instant leaves more room on your stovetop to cook your other Thanksgiving meals too!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT GLAZED CARROTS
- To make it, simply add the brown sugar, salt and orange juice concentrate and butter.
- Then add the carrots and toss the carrots with the brown sugar mixture.
- Next, place the lid on the instant pot. Make sure the vent knob is set to “sealing” press the pressure cook button. Set the time for 4 minutes.
- Once the carrots are done, switch to “venting” Open the lid and remove the carrots and set to the side.
- To make the glaze, add the brown sugar and a bit of white sugar to the instant pot. Saute for 6-7 minutes or until the glaze has thickened.
This is what the glaze should look like when it’s done.
- Pour the carrots back into the instant pot. Toss to coat the carrots in the glaze
INSTANT POT QUICK TIPS
If you don’t have an instant pot, what are you waiting for? Put it on your Christmas list or treat yourself to one. You deserve it! I have this Instant pot.
I am always finding ways to make my life easy, so I love to use baby carrots. You don’t have to peel them or slice them. They’re easy and no fuss.
You can use maple syrup or honey in place of sugar.
You’ll probably have some leftover glaze. Don’t get rid of it. I love drizzling it over baked salmon. It’s delicious!
For a festive looking glazed carrot dish, sprinkle some parsley over the top if you like.
Don’t try to half the ingredients, if so, the carrots won’t have much flavor. Been there, done that. You can use the leftover glaze on fish. Tastes great over broccoli too.
CAN I MAKE GLAZED CARROTS IN ADVANCE?
- Yes you can, Let the carrots cool completely. Store them in a plastic container with a tight lid. Nest, store the glaze in a small container.
- Glazed carrots will last up to two days in the fridge. For the best flavor and texture, you should eat them within a days time.
- To reheat, add the carrots to a saucepan with the orange liquids. Reheat on low until cooked through. You can microwave the glaze until heated through.
These Instant pot glazed carrots are cooked in an instant pot with butter, dark brown sugar and orange juice concentrate. Not the healthiest but they're the best and so tasty!
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar or light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp white sugar optional
Simply put the carrots into the instant pot. Add the brown sugar, salt and orange juice concentrate and butter. Toss the carrots with the brown sugar mixture.
Next, place the lid on the instant pot. Make sure the vent knob is set to "sealing" press the pressure cook button. Set the time for 4 minutes.
Once the carrots are done, switch to "venting" Open the lid and remove the carrots and set to the side.
To make the glaze, add the sugar to the instant pot. Set the the timer to 6 minutes. Stir occasionally until the sauce thickens.
Pour the carrots back into the instant pot and stir to coat.
If you like this instant pot glazed carrot recipe, save it to your Pinterest Board or share it on Facebook. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest too!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE OTHER THANKSGIVING FAVORITES: