A quick and easy slime popcorn recipe that's perfect to make for Halloween and parties! I'll also show you how you can turn these into halloween popcorn balls.
This green slime popcorn recipe comes from the Food Network Magazine. I knew I had to make it plus HELLOOO it's popcorn, it's green popcorn with eyeballs, and it stretches like slime.
More on how to make it stretch in the notes of the recipe. What's not to love? Kids will find this treat irresistible!
My son was supposed to help me make this slime popcorn, but he was more interested in eating the ingredients. I let him have his way a just a bit since we don't allow him to eat a lot of sweets.
SLIME POPCORN INGREDIENTS:
10 cups of popcorn (2 bags of microwave popcorn about 8 cups)
½ cup brown sugar
8 tbsp unsalted butter
16 oz marshmallow
6 drops of green food coloring
Pack of candy eyeballs ( Walmart)
HOW TO MAKE THE SLIME POPCORN:
To make the green slime popcorn, first, Pop both bags of popcorn. Next pour it into a large wide bowl. Remove all the kernels.
Melt the brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often.
Spray a wooden spoon or spatula with cooking spray. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted and smooth.
Now that the marshmallows are melted, add food coloring.
Stir until color is evenly distributed.
Add the popcorn and candy eyes to the pot and combine until evenly coated.
Place the popcorn into a bowl or a plastic zip bag. Best if eaten within a couple days.
HOW TO MAKE SLIME POPCORN BALLS
To make this recipe into halloween popcorn balls, Grease your hands with vegetable shortening then form the popcorn into a ball right away before it's cooled. Wrap each ball with plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
Slime Popcorn Recipe
- 8 cups of popcorn 2 bags of microwave popcorn about 10 cups
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 16 oz marshmallow
- 6 drops green food coloring Add less or more drops until you achieve your desired color.
- Pack of candy eyeballs You can find candy eyes at Walmart or a craft store.
- Remove all of the kernels from the cooked popcorn. Melt butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often. Spray a wooden spoon or spatula with cooking spray the marshmallows(the spray will keep the marshmallows and popcorn from sticking to the spoon). Stir until marshmallows are melted. Add a few drops of food coloring to the pot and stir until color is evenly distributed. Add popcorn and candy and combine until evenly coated.
- To make easy popcorn balls, spray hands with cooking spray. Form into a ball right away before. Serve or, wrap each ball with plastic wrap and store at room temperature. Best if eaten within 2 days.
TIPS TO MAKE THIS SLIME POPCORNThe popcorn will stretch right after it's done the cooking. It will not stretch once it has cooled down. Store the slime popcorn in an airtight container. It's best to eat within 3 days of storage. Post updated: 9/28/2019
Enjoy and look out for my Halloween Slime drink recipe next week!