Easy Roast chicken rub is one of my favorites ways to make a whole chicken. It’s simple to make and bursting with flavor. It’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner and fancy enough for Easter or any holiday. It's juicy, tender and moist! It's knock your socks off good! Perfect with my popular sour cream mashed potatoes.
This is one of my family's favorite way to enjoy roast chicken rub. It's so simple but the flavor is out this world. My 8 year old LOVES it so much, he always asks for thirds.
What to serve roast chicken with?
Serve this roast chicken rub with garlic bread, sautéed vegetables, sour cream mashed potatoes, southern sweet cornbread, jollof rice ,candied yams, cranberry sauce, southern collard greens or a simple salad. This easy roast can can feed about 4 people.
A few ingredients and your own your way to a a perfect roast chicken. All you need is one 4 lb whole chicken. Organic chicken is the best for this recipe. You’ll also need some vegetable oil and seasonings. For the cavity, you'll need some celery, lemon wedges, and butter.
To make the easy roast chicken rub, mix garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne powder together in a bowl and rub it all over the chicken. You'll also season the cavity.
How to make this roast chicken rub recipe
- Let the chicken come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, remove the giblets and other organs from the cavity of the chicken. Next, wash the chicken thoroughly and remove feathers etc. Pat dry with paper towels. Coat the chicken with vegetable oil
- For the cavity, you'll need some celery, lemon wedges, and butter. If you prefer to do your own thing, or add additional ingredients to the cavity, you can try fresh thyme, rosemary or your favorite herbs. These alternative ingredients will definitely provide addition flavorful, but for a quick and easy roast chicken, the recipes as is, is delicious!
- Tie the legs with twine.
- Grease the bottom of a heavy bottom skillet.
- Place the chicken into the skillet. Add a few tablespoons of butter around the chicken.
- Roast for 30 minutes then add minced garlic to the juices in the skillet. Stir the liquids. Close the oven and began basting until the chicken until it's done about 3o minutes or until the chicken reaches the temperature of 165F. If you don't have a meat thermometer, when the thickest part of the thigh juices run clear when pierced with a skewer it's done.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and rest it for 10-15 minutes.
Roast Chicken RubA simple roast chicken rub is one of my favorites ways to make a whole chicken. It's juicy and moist. It's knock your socks off good! A perfect dinner idea for Easter holiday!
- 4 lb whole organic chicken
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp salt plus an additional ¼ tsp
- 1 ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 celery stalk cut into 4-6 pieces
- 1 lemon cut into four wedges
- ½ cup unsalted butter plus an additional 3 tablespoons (cut slices for the cavity)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove the giblets and other organs from the cavity of the chicken. Remove feathers and wash the chicken. Pat the outside and the cavity dry. Coat the chicken in vegetable oil.
- Stuff the cavity with the celery, lemon and slices of butter.
- Add all of the seasonings to a small bowl and mix well then season the inside of the chicken.
- Tie the legs together with twine and tuck the wing tips underneath the chicken. Use the the remaining seasoning all over the outside of the chicken.
- Grease the bottom of a heavy bottom skillet.
Place the chicken into the skillet. Slice the remaining stick of butter and place the slices in the skillet (around the chicken).
- Roast for 30 minutes then add the minced garlic to the chicken juices. Stir the liquids. With a basting brush, baste the chicken. Close the oven and cook for an additional 45 minutes and basting occasionally.
- The chicken is done with the temperature of the thickest part of the chicken thigh reaches 165F or when the thickest part of the thigh juices run clear when pierced with a knife, it's done. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and rest it for 10-15 minutes.
NotesA 4 lb organic whole chicken works best for this recipe. I always season the outside of the chicken after I tie the legs with kitchen string. That way the seasoning stays put. Use about 2 tsp of seasoning inside the cavity. Feel free to add additional ingredients into the cavity. You can add fresh thyme, rosemary, sage, onions or garlic. Roast the chicken for at least 30 minutes then baste every 15 minutes. If the skin starts to brown too fast tent foil over the chicken. For side ideas, make sure you check out the links in the body of the post 🙂
NutritionCalories: 768kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 42gFat: 63gSaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 224mgSodium: 1907mgPotassium: 541mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1105IUVitamin C: 20mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 3mgTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Don’t forget to save this easy roast chicken rub recipe to your Pinterest board.
Please Subscribe to Whisk It Real Gud for more recipes delivered straight to your inbox. Thanks for stopping by!