These chocolate chip blondies are a favorite in my home. I love that they can be made in a snap. The texture of these chocolate chip blondies is just perfect. See for yourself? Just look at them. I’m eating one now with a cup of coffee. No joke. If you love classic chocolate chip cookies then you will also love these chocolate chip blondies.
This chocolate chip blondie recipe uses a good dose of vanilla extract, exactly 1 tablespoon. Make sure you use the exact amount. It really does make a difference in flavor. I always add half of the chocolate chips with the batter and then add the rest on top of the batter.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join our newsletter and stay up to date on all the newest recipes guaranteed to add a burst of flavor to your inbox.
As with most blondies or brownies, I always like under-bake mine just a bit. If you want perfectly cut blondie bars, wait for them to cool off to room temperature then cut them, or once they are cooled, place them in the fridge for an hour or two then cut them into bars.
These chocolate chip blondies are perfect snacks for kids. You can make these chocolate chip blondies the night before and put them in your kid’s lunchbox. They’re also great for adults to bring to work and share with coworkers. I think any co-worker would be excited to find something other than donuts or bagels in the break room. Am I right? If you are going to make these chocolate chip blondies for a large crowd, you’ll definitely want to double or triple the recipe and use a 9×13 pan.
You can use either dark or light brown sugar to make these chocolate chip blondies. I used light brown sugar for this recipe which is what I had but I actually prefer to use dark and light brown sugar for a toffee-like flavor but to each it’s own. If you want blondies that are perfectly baked, have an amazingly soft and chewy texture, a hit with your family and friends, and a totally no fail SUPER easy dessert then these chocolate chip chewy blondie recipe is perfect for you!
Chocolate Chip Blondie
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9X9 baking pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with vegetable oil. Sift the flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift again. Mix well and set aside.
- Add the brown sugar into the bowl with the melted butter. Mix well and let it cool slightly. Mix the vanilla and egg into the brown sugar mixture. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing just until combined.
- Spread the blondie batter into the prepared pan. Add half of the chocolate chips and all of the walnuts in the batter. Mix gently. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Under-bake them just a bit for a softer blondie. Cool on a wire-rack.
- Store blondies covered in an airtight container up to 4 days at room temperature. Freeze up to 3 months.
- Double the recipe: Use a 13-inch by 9-inch pan and it may take a bit longer to bake.
- Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
You may also like:
Cinnamon and Sugar Donut Muffins