– flank or skirt steak – Mazola Corn Oil more for the steaks plus more for the steaks – salt – pepper – thyme – nutmeg – cloves – allspice - tap to see more
– Cut the steak into four equal pieces. – Add all of the jerk steak ingredients (minus the green onions) for the marinade to a food processor. Process for about 10 seconds.
– Put the steaks into a zip bag then add the marinade. Add the green onions on top of the steaks. Remove the air before you seal it shut. Massage the steaks. Make sure they’re all well-coated in the marinade. Marinate. Remove steaks from bag and pat steaks very dry.
– In a cast iron skillet large enough for the steaks, heat up the pan until it's very hot. Add the steaks. Do not move the steak around at all. Sear both sides for about 3-4 minutes each.
– Place steaks to rest on a plate and cover lightly with foil for about 10 minutes. Cut thin slices across the grain. Serve immediately. Fyi, if you like your steak well done, just cook it longer.
– Add the mangoes, cilantro, carrots, bell peppers, onions, green peppers, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix well. Chill for a couple hours. Serve immediately.