– strawberries sliced in half and stems removed – sugar – milk – lemon juice optional but it brings out more of the strawberry flavor – vanilla extract
– Add the strawberries into a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
– Strain the strawberry mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into the sauce pan while pressing as much juice into the pot as possible.
– In a saucepan over medium-high heat add the strained strawberry mixture. Let it come to a boil then simmer occasionally stirring until slightly thickened.
– Chill the syrup.
– To serve, stir in about 1-2 tbsp of syrup into one cup of milk (if using a larger cup or glass add more to taste).