Burger in a bowl is healthier way to get the flavors of a cheeseburger but without the bread. Basically just all the topping for a burger but in a bowl form.
Servings 4 people
- 16 oz ground beef
- salt for taste
- pepper for taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder plus additional ⅛ tsp
- ¼ tsp onion powder plus additional ⅛ tsp
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 12 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce sliced I used a combo of different lettuces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 medium red onions sliced thin
- ½ cup pickles
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅛ tsp pepper add more for taste if you like
Cook the ground beef until browned, drain if necessary. Put the skillet with the beef back on the stove and add the seasoning.
To a small bowl, add the ketchup, mayonnaise, vinegar and olive oil, pepper and a pinch of cayenne. Mix well.
Drizzle a some of the dressing around the inside of the salad bowl. This will help coat the salad with the sauce.
Add the lettuce, pickles, onions, grape tomatoes, bacon and ground beef to the bowl and give it a good toss. Drizzle more dressing on top of the salad and serve immediately.
TIPS AND TRICKS TO MAKE THIS
Put each ingredient into separate containers. For instance, put the greens in one container, the onions and beef in another container (or separate depending on how you want to do things), pickles in another container and so on.
You should keep the lettuce away from the other ingredients that way the salad will stay crisp. Add the special sauce to an air tight container. Put the salad together as soon as you're ready to serve it.
VARIATIONS AND IDEAS
Originally posted on 6/22/2017 updated 4/26/2019
Follow Whisk it Real Gud on Instagram.
- Use ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken to make this salad. Don't have any ground beef? Make grilled chicken breast instead.
- Make grilled onions instead of sautéed or raw ones.
- Grilled patties on the grill or stovetop. Top the burgers with melted cheese and bacon.
- Make it a blue cheese burger salad. Add crumbled blue cheese and blue cheese dressing.
- Add different greens like spinach, butter lettuce, arugula, kale. Get creative and use what you have in your fridge.
- Add different vegetables like shredded carrots, cucumbers instead of pickles.