Chicken and Green Bean Stir Fry
This crispy sweet chili chicken and green beans stir fry is ridiculously easy and delicious!
Servings 4 people
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup vegetable oil plus 2 tbsp or more as needed
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1 cup steamed green beans in a bag See notes below
- ½ tbsp garlic cloves minced
- ¼ tsp ginger (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (add more for taste)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ⅛ tsp sesame oil
- 1 ¼ cup sweet chili Sauce
This post was updated on 4/26/2020
- Use either fresh, frozen, a bag of steamed green beans or canned green beans to make this. If using fresh, make sure to trim the ends.
- Use you favorite store brand sweet chili sauce or use my Thai Sweet Chili Recipe
- If you are using fresh green beans, they will take longer to cook down if they aren't sautéed first. Check out how to properly cook the green beans here.
- Use room temperature chicken. Clean the chicken (this is debatable but it's up to you) and pat the chicken down with paper towels. Please don't cook the chicken until you pat it dry.
- I suggest you use chicken thighs to make this because their packed with juicy flavor and they don't dry out at high temperatures.
- To achieve crispy chicken, make sure you turn the chicken as it cooks every so often, until the chicken is golden brown.
- If using canned green beans, add them a few minutes before the stir fry is done (cook until warmed through)
- For frozen green beans, let them thaw first and gently pat down with paper towels before you add them to the stir fry. Cook the green beans until heated through.
- A bag of steamed frozen green beans should either be microwaved inside its bag or let it thaw inside the bag. Remove them from the bag and gently pat dry with paper towel. Add the green beans after you add the sweet chili sauce and cook the beans until heated through.
- I like to cook the bell peppers until it's they're soft but feel free to cook until your desired tenderness.
- If you don't like green beans ditch it and replace it with your favorite vegetables.
Follow Whisk it Real Gud on Instagram.
Calories: 616kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 1014mg | Potassium: 825mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 2474IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 3mg