Cherry Delight Dessert Recipe
This rich and creamy cherry delight dessert has a crunchy graham cracker crust, a smooth, rich cheesecake filling made with homemade whipped cream. Lastly, a thick layer of sweet cherry topping that rounds it all off with a bang every sweet-tooth will love
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream cheese filling
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
Graham cracker crust
- 36 graham crackers
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- small pinch or two of salt
Graham cracker crust
Process the graham crackers in a food processor to a fine crumb.
Add the melted butter and process until the crumbs are moistened with butter and it starts to come together.
Press into the bottom of an 9×9-inch pan. Chill until ready to use.
Place the powdered sugar and vanilla extract into the mixing bowl and add half of the whipping cream. Don't add it all at once. With an electric mixer on medium, mix just until the cream reaches stiff peaks. Place the whipped cream in the fridge until you're ready to use it. And then do the same with the remaining half.
Cream Cheese Mixture
Use a hand mixer, mix powdered sugar into the cream cheese until combined. Next fold in whipped cream.
Spread filling on top of chilled crust. Top with canned or homemade cherry pie filling. See notes...Chill until set, at least 1-1.5 hrs before serving.
Homemade Cherry Filling
- 4 cups of pitted cherries, ¼ cup cornstarch, and 1-cup white sugar. This will only take about 15 minutes to make, and it'll make plenty of topping for your Cherry Delight, as well as have a little left over to reward the cook or cool and save it for another dessert or top it over pancakes or waffles etc.
- Start by simply adding your cherries to a sauce pan with a tightly-fitted lid and heating them for about 10 minutes. They'll start to release their sugar-packed and flavorful juices, as well as break down a little bit to give them the texture you expect from a pie filling.
- Now, mix together your cornstarch and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Finally, add the mixture to your hot cherry filling, and mix well. Let it simmer for 2 minutes or until thickened. You can let this cool completely to room temperature, place it in a plastic air tight container, and refrigerate it while your cheesecake settles.
- Once all of this is done, just spread the cherries across the cheesecake right before serving, and you're ready to chow down on one of the most addicting desserts I have ever tasted. (cherry filling adapted from Allrecipes).
How to store your Cherry Delight
Cover with plastic wrap and it will keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
If you like this cherry delight recipe, please Pin it to save to your Pinterest board!😊
Serving: 9g | Calories: 546kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 462mg | Potassium: 154mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 1043IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2mg