Cucumber Tomato Salad
This cucumber and tomato salad with creamy dressing is completely addictive. The creamy dill salad dressing is it's crowning glory.
Servings 4 people
- 4 ½ cups English cucumbers chopped into cubes
- ½ cup bell pepper I like to use red or green
- 1 ½ cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp red onions chopped finely. add more for taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped finely
For the Dill Dressing
- ¼ cup Miracle whip
- ¼ cup Duke mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder minced
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 ½ tsp sugar optional but used to balance the flavors
- red pepper couple small pinches for a bit of kick
- salt and pepper for taste
- ½ lemon juice fresh
Place all of the vegetables in a bowl and set aside.
Add all of the salad dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk them together well. Set the dressing aside until you’re ready to serve the cucumber tomato salad.
When you’re ready to serve, pour the desired amount of dressing over the vegetables and give the whole salad a nice stir so everything is well-coated
HOW TO CUSTOMIZE THIS SALAD
- If you or someone in your family don't like onions and peppers, you could chop up some small pieces of broccoli and black olives!
- I use red bell peppers for a crisp, sweet and refreshing flavor. Yellow bell peppers are sweet as well, so feel free to use either one.
- Almost any veggie you can think of will be delicious coated in the creamy dill dressing.
- This recipe has a zest creamy flavor. If you don't like it zesty, use less apple cider vinegar.
CAN I MAKE THE SALAD IN ADVANCE?
If you want to make this salad early to get it out of the way, you can absolutely do that but I strongly suggest you serve it on the same day that you prep it.
Make the dressing and chop the vegetables up. You’ll want to store the dressing and each vegetable in your fridge in separate containers. When you’re ready to assemble the salad, drain any water that has formed in the container before you toss everything in a bowl together!
Follow Whisk it Real Gud on Instagram.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 354mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1331IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg