Korean Bulgogi Chicken
Korean chicken bulgogi aka dak bulgogi is a super easy recipe that's bursting with flavor! It can be grilled, baked or cooked on the stove-top. You won't believe how tasty it is. Serve it with cucumber and carrot salad, or as lettuce wraps. Here's how I make it!
Servings 4 people
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 5 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp chili paste add more for a spicier flavor
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbs minced garlic
- ¾ cups green onions sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp red onions diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Rinse and trim the excess fat off the chicken.Dry the chicken with a paper towel. In a bowl or Ziploc bag, mix all the ingredients for your marinade. Add in the chicken If you have used a Ziploc bag, be sure to release all the air in the bag before marinating it in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit When the oven has heated up, Place the skillet into the oven for about 5-7 minutes. Place the dry chicken in the hot skillet and bake for 25-30 minutes basting with the chicken liquids every 5 minutes.
The chicken is done when it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. (Using a thermometer is recommended. You can also broil the chicken for a few minutes (broiling is optional but if you do this be sure to keep a close eye on it as it can burn quickly).
If you would like to make bulgogi chicken successfully, it is important to know about the following tips:
- You can grill, broil, bake, or cook the meat on the stovetop
- Don’t over-marinate or it may be too salty. Marinate for up to 3-4 hours for maximum flavor.
- Take the air out of the ziploc bag of marinade bag before closing it
- Be sure you use a paper towel to pat-dry the chicken (if you don’t your
chicken will steam as it cooks.
- Broiling the chicken is optional.
- Bake the chicken until it has an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. A thermometer is recommended when cooking poultry.
- If you want this spicier, add additional chili paste or crushed red peppers to the marinade
- Check the body of the post for ways to make this on the grill or on the stove-top
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 1704mg | Potassium: 551mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 228IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 3mg