Cucumber and carrot salad
A flavorful exotic Asian cucumber and carrot salad that's so easy and perfect for springtime.
Servings 3 people
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/16 tsp ginger
- ½-1 tsp crushed red peppers optional
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley Or use cilantro
- 2 tsp garlic finely minced
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- 1 ½ cup pre-shredded carrots
- 1 english cucumber sliced into thin rounds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper for taste
To a small bowl, add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar, sugar, honey, sesame oil, sesame seeds, crushed red peppers, ground ginger, salt, and pepper into a bowl. Mix well.
Add the cucumbers, carrots parsley or cilantro, green onions and garlic to a large bowl. Drizzle the sesame oil over the vegetables. Toss to coat.
Pour the salad dressing over the cucumber and carrots. Mix well. Add salt and pepper for taste. Garnish with sesame seed, peanuts or green onions or use all them.
Cook Tips to Make This Recipe Successfully
If you want to make this carrot and cucumber salad successfully, there are some tips that will help you to do that. These tips include the following:
Follow Whisk it Real Gud on Instagram.
- Remember, this recipe is customizable. If you can’t find an ingredient, you can replace it with another. For example, cilantro can be replaced with parsley or vice versa.
- Make it your own. Since this recipe is customizable, you can make it to your liking. For instance, if you don’t like soy sauce, you can leave it out.
- Taste the salad as you make it. If you do this, you can determine whether you need to add more of a certain ingredient. If you don’t think you added enough ground ginger, you can add some more.
- Cover and chill. If you want this salad to taste the best, you should cover and chill it for 20 to 30 minutes, so the flavors can marinate together, before eating it.
- Add more garnish. You can always add some chopped peanuts or more sesame seeds to this carrot and cucumber salad.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 421mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 11400IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 2mg