Strawberry Patch Ice Cream Soda Float Recipe
This simple strawberry ice cream soda float is made with macerated strawberries, lime soda, vanilla ice cream. It's then topped with sprinkles of ruby red sugar crystals and more strawberries. Cool off this summer with this refreshing strawberry float!
Servings 2 people
- 2-3 scoops vanilla ice cream I like to use a homestyle kind
- lime soda 7up or sprite
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 2 cups fresh diced strawberries
- red sugar crystals optional
- extra strawberries for garnishment
Add the diced strawberries to a large enough bowl. Mash the strawberries using a masher or fork. Add sugar and set to the side for about 10 minutes.
Add the strawberry mixture to the bottom of a glass. Top with a couple scoops of ice cream.
Add more strawberries and a scoop or two of ice cream. Then top with more strawberries if you like.
Add lime soda. Garnish with a strawberry and sprinkle on the red sugar crystals. Serve right away. Enjoy!
Ice cream floats are one of my favorite budget friendly dessert plus there's so many cool ways to make this ice cream float recipe your own. Here's some delicious float drink ideas for ya.
Tools used to make this:
Libbey Duratuff 12 oz beverage glasses.
Biodegradable Assorted Colors Drinking Straws
Dowan 4 oz Porcelain Ramekins Set of 6
Post was originally published in 2015. Recipe and post updated on 5/15/2019.
- Mix it up - Swap out the strawberries for another fruit like, blueberries, raspberries or black berries.
- If you want a smoother strawberry syrup after you macerate the strawberries. Mix in a blender.
- Use your favorite like soda. I like to use 7 up or Sprite.
- Make them festive for the 4th of July and make a red, white and blue berry float. Add layers of blueberries, ice cream and strawberries.
- Eliminate all of the fruit and make a creamsicle version. Add as much ice cream and orange soda as you like.