Best Banana Bread
Tender and moist banana bread that will melt in your mouth! So easy to make and no mixer required!
Servings 6 people
- 3 bananas mashed
- ½ cup canola oil vegetable oil is fine too
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ plus ⅛ tsp salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a small bowl add the mashed bananas, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
In a larger bowl add the flour, baking powder sugar and salt. Whisk to combine
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mix. Gently combine. Don't over mix. Add in walnuts or your choice of add-ins. *See notes.
Pour the batter into a misted with nonstick spray loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or when a toothpick is inserted in the center and it comes out with no crumbs. Cool for about 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve.
TIPS FOR BANANA BREAD:
- Bananas should be very dark in color (use black bananas).
- To ripen banana fast, preheat the oven to 300 F. Place the bananas on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until darkened. FYI, baking times may vary.
- Don't get rid of your old spotted bananas. Place the unpeeled bananas in a Ziploc bag and into the freezer. Make sure to remove excess air. They will freeze fine for up to 3 months. When you are ready to use them, defrost in the fridge overnight or on the counter.
- Mist your pan with a nonstick cooking spray .
- Mash the bananas in a small bowl. Using a fork. Mash the bananas until the chunks are gone.
- Use room temperature eggs. To quickly get room temp eggs place them in a bowl with warm water for about 10 minutes.
- Use oil instead of butter. Oil helps coat the flour which in turn keeps it from absorbing too much water. In other words, tender and moist banana bread.
- Once you pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient, GENTLY mix the batter just until combined. Do NOT over mix the batter.
- Wrap the banana bread tightly in plastic wrap once it's warm to keep it from drying out overnight.