1 h 25 mins
– Preheat oven. Pour the first can of peaches and it's juices into a 9x13 pan. Next, drain the juice from the second can and pour only the peaches into the baking dish. Do not use the juice from the second can.
- Add the melted butter, a pinch of salt, the lemon juice, sugar and vanilla extract to the peaches and syrup in the pan. Mix well to combine.
– In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon a small pinch of nutmeg and salt. Mix very well. Pour the flour over the top of the peach cobbler. Make sure you cover the majority of the top.
- Using your clean hand or the back of a large spoon, smooth out the flour mixture covering the edges. When you're done smoothing the flour, the top should be smooth and not big and lumpy.
– Starting from the top of the pan working your way down, drizzle melted butter over the top of the of the flour. Bake then reduce the oven temperature and continue to bake for an hour or until the top has is crisp and golden brown. Serve warm with scoop or two of ice cream. Enjoy!