– shrimp frozen, deveined and tail off, thawed – cornstarch – vegetable oil – salt and pepper for taste – lettuce I used butter lettuce – vegetable oil or olive oil add more as needed - tap to see more
– Add the cabbage mixture, cilantro, lime juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil and red onion to a bowl and mix to combine. Set to the side.
– To prepare the shrimp, pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cornstarch to the bowl of shrimp. Stir to coat.
– Add vegetable oil to a skillet over medium high heat. Cook the shrimp on each side for about 3-4 minute or until it turns pink. DO NOT move the shrimp around or it won't crisp up. To the bowl with the cabbage mixture, add the sweet chili sauce and the mayonnaise. Mix to combine.
– Drain shrimp on paper towel then toss the shrimp into the bowl with the cabbage mixture. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Spoon some of the shrimp mixture to the center of the lettuce leaf. Garnish with cilantro.