Is allergy season over yet?? This entire month my allergies have been so ridiculous and on top of that I’ve been sick with a cold etc, which is why I haven’t been updating this blog. I’m still not well yet but I can tell I’m getting better. On to some better news, I am excited to announce that I have partnered with Chicory, a new online tool that allows you to add the ingredients found in my recipes to your shopping cart and then have them delivered to your home. How cool is that?! Check out how it works below.
* Click on the order ingredients button below each of my recipes.
*The grocery items will be added to your cart with the total
*If you do not need an ingredient is very simple to edit your cart or you can add other brands that are not listed in my recipes.
*If you do not have online shopping in your area you can still benefit by printing out a shopping list (once you click on get ingredients the printer icon is next to your total).
* If you don’t see the “get ingredients” button under the recipe, sometimes it will take about a day for the button to populate.
Okay I’m sure you are wondering what this cake is all about. It’s super moist, flavorful and pretty much and out of this world. This cake was made using bananas, cinnamon, cardamom and chia seeds, which gives the cake a slight nutty flavor, plus chia seeds help to aid in digestion. Bottom line, this cake is melt in your mouth delicious! Try it for yourself. Note* If you do not like chia seeds you can always leave them out.
- 5 eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 sticks of butter room temperature
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 4 bananas mashed
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp of chia seeds
- Frosting recipe
- 1/2 cup of butter 1 stick, 4 ounces, room temperature
- 8 oz of Philadelphia cream cheese 1 package, room temperature
- 2 to 3 cups of powdered sugar also known as confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Use a blunt knife or spatula or large spoon to spread the frosting onto the cakes.
- Grease and flour 2-3 9” round cake pans; set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. With your mixer blend on medium until the batter is smooth.
- (If you have a blender or something similar that works great as well just remember the entire batter will not fit into the blender all at once)
- Add the batter evenly to your pans and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- With an electric mixer on medium beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the mixing bowl to make sure the mixture is mixed evenly.
- Add vanilla extract and slowly add powdered sugar mixing on low speed. Keep adding the powdered sugar until you get the consistency you want.
- Assemble the Cake
- Place one layer of cake on a large plate. Frost the top of the layer with the cream cheese frosting. Place the second layer of cake on top and frost and do the same with the third layer.
- Using an offset spatula, frost the sides of the cake.
Refrigerate the frosting for 30 minutes before frosting the sides of the cake.