Can you tell by now, that I’m a lover of cheese? Have you noticed that several of my post’s recipes contained cheese? Can you also tell that this is another cheese recipe lol.
I just have to have my cheese so it’s only right that I post a pizza recipe. This Spinach Meatless Pizza is drop dead good! It may look a bit fancy, but don’t let this pizza intimidate you, I only used Pillsbury dough for the crust so it’s very simple to make…a delicious, veggie filled meal, kids love it too! The flavors come together wonderfully, leaving your family fighting over the last slice, so if you have a big family like me, make sure you use two cans of Pillsbury dough and double the ingredients.
This is what the pizza looked like before I popped it into the oven. You can eat your pizza this way since the dough, cheese sauce and spinach is cooked but it tastes so much better with the cheeses toasty, so in the oven it went.
- One cup of milk
- Two tbs of butter
- 1 tsp of flour
- 1 can of Pillsbury Golden Flaky Dough
- Half a cup of Parmesan cheese
- Salt and garlic powder to taste
- 3 cups of Spinach or more if needed
- Tomatoes as much as you need
- Olive oil
- Rotel Chilies
- Shredded sharp cheese
- Crushed red peppers
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Roll out the dough into a circle and place onto a lightly oiled pan (according to the size of your pizza). (I only used one can of Pillsbury dough this time and was able to fit my pizza into a smaller circular pan) Parchment paper works as well too instead of oil. *See notes below.
- Roll up the edges about a half of a inch.
- Place dough onto a lightly oiled pan or line with parchment paper
- Place dough into the oven for 15 minutes until the dough get golden and puffy.
- Take out the dough and use a rolling pin to roll the puffy dough flat then set to the side. Turn oven to 500 F
- Turn stove on to medium. Add a bit of olive oil to a medium pan. Add spinach and cook 2-3 mins until spinach is wilted. Put spinach in a small bowl. Set to side.
- Add butter, milk, Parmesan, flour, salt and garlic, to small pot and cook mixture.
- Turn stove on medium high. Cook until the cheese sauce thickens.
- Pour the cheese sauce a bit at a time and mix with the spinach. (You may prefer more or less cheese saw so pour a bit at a time)
- Spread the spinach cheese sauce all over the dough except for the crust parts, leave that part uncovered.
- Add some chilies then shredded cheese then sliced tomatoes.
- Add more cheese on top if you like. Push the tomatoes a bit into the sauce. Sprinkle a bit of garlic powder, crushed red peppers and salt on top.
- Place the pizza back into the oven and cook for about 10 min. Make sure you check after 5 mins *You want the cheese etc to look saucy.
*Note. This pizza only serves 4 people so if necessary, use another can of Pillsbury dough, double the ingredients and a bigger pizza pan....if you need a larger pizza. If you don't have a pizza pan you can use parchment paper.