Due to my forgetfulness, I burnt four slices of french bread today! I’m sure it was because I was doing a gazillion things at one time. I kept checking every now and then to see if my 12 month old was eating his food or dropping it on the floor, he’s at that age where he loves to knock stuff off the table and watch it hit the floor. He’d rather drop his food than eat it. I have never seen such a picky boy. My 2 year old, on the other hand, eats more but he has his picky days, he loves pasta but he will only eat naked pasta or pasta with any sauce other than tomato sauce. With that said, I try to come up with recipes I think he’ll enjoy and this Campanelle Pasta and Steak in Creamy Parmesan Tomato Sauce is one of them. I have to make my toddlers pasta separately because it’s a tad spicy. If you’re not into spicy foods you can omit those ingredients. This is such a fulfilling, delicious and easy recipe to make, I even used leftover steak. If you don’t have steak, chicken works perfectly as well.
Don’t Miss Out. If you haven’t yet, Subscribe here so you can receive free recipes weekly!
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes. I used one can of Rotel diced tomatoes and chilies
- 3 diced mini peppers I used the Pero's Mini Red Peppers brand
- 5-6 thinly sliced sirloins steak
- 1 Box of Campanelle Pasta I used Barilla brand
- 1 cup of Parmesan shredded Cheese
- 16 oz of chicken Broth
- 2 tbs of sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbs of minced garlic
- 4 tbs of butter
- 1 tbs of olive Oil
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbs crushed red peppers
- 1 tsp of parsley
- Garlic salt to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Chili Powder to taste
- Onion Powder to taste
- Add olive oil to a medium pan and set stove to medium high. Once olive oil starts to sizzle add. the sliced steak and cook until done, flipping only once.
- In a large pan add the pasta, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, peppers and set stove to high. Cook until pasta is tender.
- Add butter, whipping cream, minced garlic, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, garlic salt, paprika, chili powder,parsley, let it come to a boil then simmer.
- Add Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese and mix. Serve with buttered bread.
You can adjust the seasonings to your liking. You can't really go wrong with this recipe,just make sure you add a bit of seasonings at a time.