Beef caprese pasta salad is absolutely addicting. Cheesy, beefy with fresh tomatoes basil and spinach. Perfect for your summer outdoor events!
I am seriously in love with this caprese pasta salad with chunks of ground beef patties. Yes, ground beef patties, you heard me right. You’re probably thinking what the heck. Just hear me out. I figured if one can add in chicken, shrimp, ham etc to salad then beef should be great too!
Try it. Thank me later!
I just knew ground beef would taste amazing in caprese pasta salad. It’s so good room temperature and even great cold. I actually couldn’t wait to eat it the next day for breakfast! Yup! I’m breaking all the norms but that’s just how I am.
I still can’t believe I disliked pasta salad as a kid all the way up until my adult years. My dislike for pasta salad changed to loving pasta salad after a catering company served it at an old company I worked for. I’ll never forget that pasta. It was the best. Now I can’t get enough of it.
Show up with this meaty pasta salad at your next picnic, BBQ or next summer outdoor event and everyone will be fighting for seconds then asking for the recipe but you don’t need to go to any type of outdoor event to enjoy this salad. Enjoy it any time you want! I was so excited to make this caprese salad with ground beef.
I’m going to fill you in on how to make this super flavorful caprese salad but first here are some tips to make this recipe a winner!
- 2 tbs fresh basil add more if needed
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese cut into 1/2 cubes or 3 cups of fresh mozzarella pearls cut in half you can also keep them whole if you like
- 4 handfuls of grape tomatoes sliced or halved.
- 4 handfuls of yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of spinach add more if you like
- 2 cups of a good quality Italian dressing I used Zesty Italian dressing and added a tbs of crushed red pepper
- salt for taste
- pepper for taste
- 16 oz box of spaghetti or your choice of pasta
- 12 ounces ground beef made into 8 patties or shaped into a loaf
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Shape ground beef into 8 patties or pat the beef into a loaf. Season beef patties or loaf with salt and pepper. Place patties in a pan bake for 20 minutes or until done.
- Add the first 6 ingredients into a bowl mix well. Once the pasta and beef has cooled off and the beef has been cut into bite size pieces, add both to the same bowl with the Italian dressing and other ingredients. Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Mix well making sure to coat all pasta with the dressing. Serve or if you want to make this recipe in advance. Place the caprese pasta salad into the fridge for 4 to 24 hours.
If you make this beef caprese pasta salad, snap a photo and hashtag #whiskitrealgud on Instagram!! I would love to see it!
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest?
Thanks again for reading and subscribe to Whisk It Real Gud!
If you are a food blogger, we would love for your to join our social networking group on Facebook. If you aren’t a food blogger, you can still join our recipe groups here and here.