This post is sponsored by Better Than Bouillon and Swiss Diamond. I only review products I truly love and believe in.
I just had to post another apple cider chicken recipe. This one is just as amazing as my last recipe. One pan moist Apple Cider Roasted Butterflied Chicken and Rice Bake. The rice gets its delicious flavor from the chicken juices and a chicken base then glazed with a delicious apple cider thyme white wine glaze
Growing up, my grandmother would make our big family one pan meals all the time. One of my favorite meals was her one pan chicken and rice bake. She baked that rice right underneath the chicken pieces. She would mix garlic, herbs and melted butter and drizzle that goodness all over the chicken. As the chicken baked, the juices from the chicken would seep into the rice which made the rice taste so rich and flavorful! MMMmm. It was such a delicious fulfilling meal. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it! My other favorite meal was her grits cheese eggs and bacon. I’ve came up with my own version and it’s delicious! Stay tuned for that recipe.
Back then, my grandmother didn’t use chicken broth to cook her rice, she used plain ole water. But if you tasted it, you would think she used broth. I guess, in a way, it was a self brothing type recipe, since the juices from the chicken DID flavor the rice right??
Thanks to my grandmother, these days, I am always coming up with new delicious, improved and simplified ways to make my meals. That’s why I was very pleased when I was contacted by Better Than Bouillon to come up with a recipe using their products. I put on my thinking cap and came up with this amazing one pan butterflied chicken rice bake. The instructions on the jar mentioned only 1 tsp is needed per 8 oz, however, you can adjust the taste to your liking. I used about two cups of water for the rice then added 2 and 1/4 teaspoon of chicken broth. I used a bit of their broth in the apple cider brine, then about 2 1/4 tsp in the rice water and EVEN in the Apple Cider Thyme White Wine Glaze! Results: Full of FLAVOR!
Two main ingredients include chicken meat and it’s natural juices. I am no longer going to haul heavy boxes of chicken broth from the grocery store all the time. I am going to stick with the Premium Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base from now on. It’s high quality and a thick base. You don’t need to use a lot of the chicken base. A little goes a a long way and it will last you months, so you don’t have to worry about spending too much on chicken broth anymore. It tastes and looks very close to homemade chicken broth too! I love homemade chicken broth but I don’t always have time to make it. I’m already picturing myself in the future reaching for Better Than Bouillon products instead of boxed chicken broth now.
You don’ have to restrict yourself to only soup, as you can see in my recipe. You can use it to add depth to all types of foods like, sauces, glaze (as I did), marinades, seasonings, and more! I love their premium chicken base but if you are looking for other bases, Better Than Bouillon has many other delicious flavors to satisfy everyone’s taste-buds. If you are trying to eat healthier or if you are a vegan you can use their vegetarian options here and here.
I also received a Swiss Diamond Nonstick Square Casserole with Lid. I figured my butterflied chicken and rice bake would be perfect for this review because I was able to use the cookware on the stove and in the oven. I tried a couple other recipes as well. The Swiss Diamond Nonstick Square Casserole is definitely NON-STICK guys! Everything I cooked in this pan came out perfectly. As I sauteed the mushrooms, they were literally sliding all over the pan. When I removed the chicken after searing it, the pan still looked great. Then I popped it into the oven. The Swiss Diamond Nonstick Square Casserole Pan cooked everything evenly. Doesn’t it look delicious?
I just knew clean up was going to be a breeze. I added a bit of detergent and rinsed with warm water and literally only used paper towel to wipe it clean. I was right. Super easy clean up. If only all my pots and pans cleaned as quick and easy as the Swiss Diamond cookware, I’d love to wash dishes!
Per Swiss Diamond,
“Swiss Diamond is changing the way home chefs cook every day. The Nonstick Square Casserole with Lid is no exception. Its square shape allows for a larger 5.3-qt cooking capacity, as well as easily fitting next to other pans in the oven. This pan is perfect for that big Thanksgiving meal where you already have enough to wash: take this casserole dish from the stove top to the oven (safe up to 500 F) to the dinner table for serving. Once dinner is done, Swiss Diamond‘s patented diamond-reinforced nonstick coating helps with the cleanup too. Simply use warm water and soap and the pan comes clean with ease. Use the included heat tempered lid to control the moisture level in and out of the oven.”
The reviews for both of these products are excellent. Better Than Bouillon products are high quality, flavorful and a little goes a long way. The Swiss Diamond Nonstick Square Casserole With Lid is high quality as well, durable, cooks food evenly, easy and quick clean up and will last you years. I’m pretty excited to have received these items. Christmas is just around the corner. Swiss Diamond’s cookware would be a perfect gift for you or a loved one this holiday.
I hope you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
This post is sponsored by Better Than Bouillon and Swiss Diamond. Thanks so much for reading my blog and supporting the companies I believe in and love. By supporting the companies I review, it allows me to create unique recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.
- 4 lb whole chicken butterflied
- 2 tsp Premium Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- 3 tbs salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbs milk
- 4 cups of apple cider
- Salt for taste
- Pepper for taste
- 4 tbs softened butter
- 2 1/4 tsp Premium Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 5-6 sun dried tomatoes in oil diced
- 1/8 cup thinly slice carrots
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp oil for the mushrooms
- 1 tbs oil
- 2 cups apple cider juice
- 2 springs thyme
- 1/4 tsp Premium Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- 1/2 to 1 tbs of white wine
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place one sprig of thyme under the skin of each breast and thigh. Add all the brine ingredients to a large bowl big enough to fit the butterflied chicken. Mix and add the butterflied chicken. Brine for 24 hours.
- Remove chicken from brine. Discard Brine. With paper towel pat the chicken dry. Add all the softened butter under the skin of each chicken breast and thighs.
- Add 1 tsp of oil to a Swiss Diamond Nonstick Casserole or a stove to oven pan that's big enough for the chicken over medium high heat then immediately add the mushrooms. Cook mushrooms for about 1 minute. Remove the mushrooms and set to the side.
- Add 1 tbs of oil to the same pan. Place butterflied chicken skin side down. Sear for about 3-4 minutes on each side. If chicken is browning too fast reduce the heat. Remove chicken carefully and set to the side.
- Remove most of the oil from the pan. Add the water and the Premium Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base and just a bit of salt for taste. Pour the rice, carrots and sun dried tomatoes into the pan and spread it evenly. Place the chicken back into the pan over the rice. Place the lid or foil on. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or when the thickets part of the thigh is cut and juice runs clear.
- Add all the ingredients into a small sauce pan over high heat until boiling. Reduce and simmer to 1/4 cup about 20 -30 minutes.
- *optional. Once the chicken is finished baking remove the lid or foil and set oven to broil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove pan and brush the glaze all over the chicken.
Thanks again for reading and subscribe to Whisk It Real Gud to have each of my posts delivered straight to your e-mail box.