Sweet, Tangy, Spicy and bursting with Asian Flavor!
Son: You got more chicken?
Me: All gone!
Son: Disappointed face.
Me: I’ll make them again later this week.
My very short convo with my teen about my Sweet and Spicy Honey Ginger Wings. I’m surprised he liked them because he doesn’t even like sweet and spicy chicken. Sadly, I only used 1.5 lbs of chicken which isn’t much but this was my test chicken. I made this same recipe a couple days ago but I didn’t write the recipe because I know I could do better, so I made these blueberry wings again but this time they tasted even better! So much better I wish I would’ve made more!
I know you’re probably thinking blueberry wings??? Crazy right? They may sound crazy but I’ll tell you no lie, these wings are what you need in ya life! Pin this recipe, share it on Facebook, tweet it, do whatever you have to do…Okay, now back to my wings. These wings are a little sweet. A little spicy. A little tangy. These blueberry wings are delicious, addictive, and simple to make. As I ate them and dipped them in my homemade spicy mayo sauce, I tried very very hard to take my time eating them but it was so hard. I was so quick to pick up the next wing and the next and the next until they disappeared (sad face). I’m still mad I didn’t make more! These wings will make you so happy. Get your napkins ready because these wings are sticky finger licking good! You can’ t forget the spicy mayo sauce. Check the recipe for it too!
If you like to save like I do then use my referral link to get a $5 coupon at Amazon for signing into the Amazon App the first time.
- 1 lb of chicken wings (I bought drummettes and flat pieces)
- Salt to taste
- Ginger to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tbs Baking powder
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Smoked Paprika to taste
- Blueberry Honey Ginger Sauce
- 2/4 Cup + 1 tbs honey
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp fish oil
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tbs + 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tbs chopped green onion
- Spicy Mayo Sauce
- 3/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs + 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp of Simply Asia Szechwan seasoning
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbs chopped green onion
- 1 tsp of the blueberry sauce
- Add all Blueberry Honey Ginger Sauce ingredients to a pot on medium high.
- Once mixture starts to boil set to simmer for 10-15 mins. Set to side.
- Wings Instructions.
- Preheat oven to 450
- Add cornstarch to a large Ziploc bag. Season Chicken with a salt, pepper,ginger and smoked paprika.Coat chicken with oil then add the chicken to the bag of cornstarch.
- Close the bag and shake to coat the chicken with the cornstarch
- Add a bit more of the seasonings onto the chicken again. Add the chicken to a pan and place it in the oven for 50-55 mins or until the chicken looks crispy and golden. Remove chicken.
- Set oven to broil.Coat chicken with the blueberry sauce then place the chicken back into the oven on broil for about 2-4 mins.
- Remove chicken from oven and coat the chicken with a bit more of the blueberry sauce (optional) Garnish with more thinly sliced green onions. Serve with the Spicy Mayo Sauce.
- Sweet and Spicy Blueberry Honey Ginger Wings
- Add all ingredients to a pot on medium high.
- Once the mixture starts to boil set to simmer for 10-15 mins. Set to side.
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix.
Notes Add more hot spices to the Blueberry sauce if you prefer very spicy wings. I love rice vinegar and found that sprinkling a bit over the chicken just before placing it in the oven on broil, really boosts the flavor in the wings.