Cajun pasta is our family’s favorite! Looking for an easy and inexpensive pasta recipe to make?
Then Cajun chicken pasta is what you need! This 20 min spicy creamy Cajun chicken pasta
is a quick and easy restaurant-quality DELICIOUS meal!
My toddler loves to go into the fridge and grab any fruit he can get his hands on. I love that he is big on fruits but vegetables not so much. I’m still working on getting him to eat vegetables so for now, I have to hide them in food. Oh, I did figure out an easy way to get him to eat broccoli. I added broccoli to the food processor and processed until it looked like little grains then I cooked it with rice and a bit of butter. I served it with chicken breast. He loved it. I was like “yay”! Winning! Now, if I can get my other toddler, my 3 yr old to eat more than 4 things.
Anyway, back to the fridge story. As I was making my cajun chicken pasta, I noticed my toddler going for the pearl tomatoes. Pearl tomatoes are pretty small snack sized tomatoes. They mature on their vine longer than most tomatoes which give them GREAT robust flavor. I knew my son thought they were grapes. Is it bad that I kept quiet while I watched him put the tomato in his mouth and chew it? I was going to stop him at first but I was hoping he’d like it. Nope, he hated it. You should’ve seen the look on his face. His face frowned up so badly. I held in my laugh. He spat it out, talking about “it’s yucky”, while he quickly wiped his tongue with his fingers. Haha, such a priceless moment. I finally told him that he was eating tomatoes not grapes. To make him happy, I let him eat several strawberries (the kid can EAT).
This Cajun chicken pasta comes together in a jiffy. I like to flatten the chicken breast then season it and let it sit until the pasta water comes to a boil. I add the pasta then start cooking the garlic and onion in a separate pan then remove the garlic and onions and reserve for later. Next, I cook the cajun chicken for about 3 minutes on each side or more depending on how thick the chicken is. As I mentioned before, I like to flatten my chicken breast pretty flat so it can cook faster plus I just think it’s just easier to eat when it’s nice and flat.
Once the pasta and chicken are done, I add the pasta to the pan with the chicken. Over low heat, I add butter, heavy whipping cream, the cooked garlic and onion mixture and Parmesan cheese. I toss everything together. Lastly, I garnish with lemon zest, parsley, pearl tomatoes, which I sliced thin and more Parmesan cheese. So yummy! Don’t you just love easy chicken breast recipes, can’t forget wonderful pasta recipes either! I love them both!
I absolutely love pasta, especially Cajun chicken pasta (my favorite kind of pasta) but hate that it can add inches to the waist, so let me leave you to make this delicious restaurant-quality recipe while I go hit the gym and work this Cajun chicken pasta of my bod!
Yields Serves 4 people
Delicious spicy creamy Cajun pasta which cooks in under 20 minutes, with a creamy rich Alfredo sauce. An easy and quick restaurant-quality meal in the comfort of your own home.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 8 oz linguine
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tbs of Cajun seasoning
- salt for taste
- pepper for taste
- 1/2 tbs fresh minced garlic
- 1 tbs fresh minced onion
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper seasoning (optional. Add only if you like heat)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 tbs olive oil plus more for the pan
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream or more for taste
- 1/2 cup or more for taste of freshly grated Parmesan (use more to garnish)
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- handful of pearl tomatoes sliced thin.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper and 1 tbs olive oil in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 tsp olive oil to a pan. Once the olive oil starts sizzling, add the garlic, onions and optional crushed red peppers. Cook until fragrant about a minute making sure to not burn it by stirring the garlic. Remove from pan and set to the side.
- In the same large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in a tbs olive oil until chicken is tender, about 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Reduce heat add the cooked linguine, heavy cream,butter, the onion and garlic and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper for taste if needed. Toss everything together and heat through.
- Garnish with lemon zest, parsley and pearl tomatoes.
If you make this Cajun chicken pasta, snap a photo and hashtag #whiskitrealgud on Instagram!! I would love to see it!
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest?
Thanks again for reading and subscribe to Whisk It Real Gud to have each of my posts delivered straight to your e-mail box!
If you are a food blogger, we would love for your to join our social networking group on Facebook. If you aren’t a food blogger, you can still join our recipe groups here and here.