This creamy macaroni salad has nontraditional crunchy cucumbers with
traditional hard boiled eggs and sweet relish. If you dislike celery in
your macaroni salad then this super easy recipe would be perfect for you!
Perfect for your end of summer backyard barbeque!
Don’t get me wrong. I love traditional macaroni salad. I ate it all the time growing up. However I didn’t like the crunchy celery or macaroni salad with tuna. I couldn’t stand celery, so I picked it out and dealt with the tuna. Tuna probably wasn’t traditional but my mom and other people I know put it in theirs. I love tuna but not in my macaroni salad!
I had to figure out a way to get that crunch factor in macaroni salad without celery. I saw online tons of recipes that used cucumbers in the pasta salad so I thought hmmmmm strange but why not give it a try. I wanted to add another element to my macaroni salad. What ingredient is usually found in macaroni salad??? Eggs! So in those went too.
This is probably the easiest and tastiest macaroni salads ever. There’s not a lot of chopping of vegetables with this recipe. I couldn’t wait to finish making it. I will admit ,once the cucumber and egg macaroni salad was done, I was nervous about trying it this salad because I wasn’t sure about cucumbers with the macaroni. I’m just not use to that combo. I get that way when I try something new out. When I took my first bite, omg I was so amazed! It was so good! I couldn’t stop eating it. I was so happy it came out perfectly! Seriously, cucumbers go so well in macaroni salad.
I will be making this again! You have to try it! I know you won’t regret it. Feel free to leave the cucumber skin on if you want!
This creamy macaroni salad is not your traditional salad.
This one has crunchy cucumbers and hard boiled eggs. A Perfect summer bbq food!
This is one recipe you'll want to make!
- 1 16 oz box Macaroni (I used Muellers)
- 7 hard boiled eggs
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 cucumber (keep skin on you prefer)
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 1 cup plus two tbs of mayonnaise (I used Duke Mayonnaise)
- 1/2 tbs mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 pinches of celery salt
- 2-3 pinches of onion powder
- small pinch of paprika
- small pinch of red pepper
- salt for taste
- pepper for taste
- Cook the macaroni until package directions. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- While macaroni is cooking, rinse the cucumber and slice or remove the skin then slice then half each slice. Dice up the hard boiled eggs. Pour the Macaroni into a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients along with the cucumbers and eggs. Mix Well. Add more seasoning if needed. Cover and place in the fridge for 2-4 hours before serving.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO WHISK IT REAL GUD NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!! Also join our cool food blogger cooking group. Click —> HERE<— to join!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK!!
Take a look at some of my other recipes below! Just click on the picture for the recipe.